Jawzjan blast leaves 3 dead, 14 wounded
SHIBERGHAN (Pajhwok): At least three persons were killed and 14 others wounded when a blast ripped through a civilian car in northern Jawzjan province, an official said on Saturday.
Police Chief Brig. Gen. Faqir Mohammad Jawzjani told Pajhwok Afghan News that the bomb went-off around afternoon. The pensioners were on their way to get their pensions when the bomb exploded. The police chief accused armed rebels and said police had launched investigations into the explosion.
Dr. Faridoon Habib, director civil hospital, said the wounded persons had been shifted to northern Shiberghan and Balkh provinces for treatment.
However, Taliban have not yet commented on the incident.
Civilian killings have been on the rise in recent past. According to United Nations, civilian casualties have increased 1 percent in the last six months.
Around 4,921 civilians’ casualties reported while 1,592 among them have been killed and 3,369 wounded.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.