Turkey provides bereaved families food assistance
KABUL (Pajhwok): The Turkish government extended bereaved families of Shah Shaheed carnage with food items on Saturday.
At least 15 people were killed and around 400 others wounded when explosive-laden truck exploded ten days ago in the capital Kabul.
No group so far claimed credit for the blast.
Nasim Orykhail, minister of Labour, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled, said that Turkish government distributed 50 tons of food items among 500 affected families of the blast.
At least 50 kilograms of wheat, 25 kilograms of rice, five kilograms of edible oil, 10 kilograms of sugar and 10 kilograms of macaroni were distributed to each family, she added.
Hasibullah, a resident who received the assistance, said he had lost two brothers while five members of his family were wounded in the blast. He said that the assistance had not been sufficient for his family since his house had been completely destroyed in the blast.
Masood who lost four members of his family said the assistance could not be enough for the loss his family had been suffering since his house had been completely turned into rubbles.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.