Nangarhar floods cause huge men, material losses
JALALABAD (Pajhwok): At least nine persons have been killed amid heavy financial losses caused by the recent flash floods in eastern Nangarhar province, the Red Crescent said on Monday.
Nangiali Yousafzai, director Red Crescent, told Pajhwok Afghan News that the recent floods triggered by continuous downpour played havoc with the lives and properties of people in eastern districts of the province.
At least six persons were killed in floods only in Ghani Khelo district, he said, adding that 170 houses had been damaged in Nazia district.
Three persons, he said were killed by floods in Nazian district but their dead bodies could not be found so far.
He said that a delegation would be sent to assess damages. Ahmad Zia Abdulzai, spokesman for Nangarhar’s governor, confirmed the men and material losses in the floods and said that assessment was being carried out to know exact figure into losses.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.