6 rebels dead, 3 wounded in Nangarhar operations
JALALABAD (Pajhwok): Six militants were killed and three others wounded during operations in three different districts of eastern Nangarhar province, an official said on Friday.
Col. Mohammad Nauman Hatafi, spokesman for the 201st Military Corps, told Pajhwok Afghan News the operations were conducted in Khogyani, Shezad and Hesarak districts.
Hisarak, Daud Qala, Haji Rashid Qala, Lngar Khail and Sargardan Chowk areas had been purged of militants, he said, adding that security forces and civilians remained unhurt. A heavy cache of ammunition was seized.
Faridullah Sahel, a resident of the locality, confirmed the military offensive but he had no details of casualties. The Taliban have not yet commented about the operation but claimed killing a policeman and injuring three others.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.