60 IS fighters perished in Nangarhar airstrike
JALALABAD (Pajhwok): Sixty insurgents of Islamic State (IS) were killed in an airstrike in the Achin district of eastern Nangarhar province on Sunday, an official said.
Police Spokesman Hazrat Hussain Mashraqiwal told Pajhwok Afghan News the airstrike targeted a gathering of the insurgent group who had been planning their future activities in the province.
Haji Ghalib, the town’s administrative chief, said bombardment had taken place in the Shadal locality.
According to Ghalib the IS fighters early morning attack on police check-posts was repulsed after which the group organised a huge gathering to plan more activities.
Provincial Council Chief Ahmad Ali Hazrat confirmed the attack on Daesh in which 60 insurgents had been eliminated.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.