30 bodies, 200 injured brought to Kunduz hospital
KABUL (Pajhwok): Public Health Minister Dr. Ferozuddin Feroz on Wednesday said 30 dead bodies and 200 injured people had been delivered at the zonal hospital in the capital of northern Kunduz province.
Hundreds of Taliban gunmen using heavy and light weapons stormed Kunduz City from various directions and captured the strategic city after a few hours of clashes with security forces three nights ago.
Feroz told reporters in Kabul most of the dead and wounded brought to the civil hospital in Kunduz City were civilians. However, he said exact figures for casualties in clashes in Kunduz City remained unknown and the clashes were still ongoing.
The United Nations Mission in Afghanistan (UNAMA) in a statement on Wednesday said about 100 civilians had suffered casualties, expressing concern over the situation.
Some sources put the number of casualties suffered by the Taliban at 160, but the rebels had rejected the figures.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.