Pajhwok Services

Photo Service

SMS News Service

Pajhwok combines its expertise and experience in news reporting with a telecom firm and thus reach a wider audience in an 
effective way.

To subscribe: 
English News Update : Send 83 to 824
Dari News Update : Send 84 to 824
Pashto News Update : Send 85 to 824

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

40 dead, 340 injured as Kunduz violence continues

40 dead, 340 injured as Kunduz violence continues

Oct 01, 2015 - 20:00

KABULinfo-icon (Pajhwok): The death toll from the clashes in the capital of northern Kunduz province has reached 40 with another 340 people, mostly civilians, sustaining injuries, the Ministry of Public Healthinfo-icon announced on Thursday.

Public Health Ministry spokesman Wahidullah Mayar said the four days of clashes in Kunduz City had resulted in the death of 40 people and injuries to another 340.

A day earlier, Public Health Minister told a press conference in Kabul that 30 people had been killed and 200 injured during the violence in Kunduz had been delivered at the zonal hospital.

The United Nations Assistance Mission in Afghanistaninfo-icon (UNAMA) on Wednesday said more than 100 civilians had suffered casualties as a result of the conflict in Kunduz City, expressing grave concern over the situation there.

The UN mission asked both parties to the conflict --- the Talibaninfo-icon and government forces --- to protect civilians during their operations.

However, the exact number of casualties among government forces and Taliban militants remain unknown, with both the sides claiming to have inflicted heavy casualties on the other.

Three days ago, the Taliban using heavy and light weapons stormed the provincial capital from multiple directions, capturing government buildings and torching some departments.

But on Thursday, the Ministry of Defence announced that security forces had wrested back the city from the Taliban, a claim rejected by the insurgents.



Related Article

Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.



Twitter Update