Pajhwok Services

Photo Service

SMS News Service

Pajhwok combines its expertise and experience in news reporting with a telecom firm and thus reach a wider audience in an 
effective way.

To subscribe: 
English News Update : Send 83 to 824
Dari News Update : Send 84 to 824
Pashto News Update : Send 85 to 824

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Ibrahimi wants Kunduz operation continued

Ibrahimi wants Kunduz operation continued

Oct 01, 2015 - 16:27

KABULinfo-icon (Pajhwok): Wolesi Jirgainfo-icon speaker Abdul Rauf Ibrahimi on Thursday called for the ongoing military operation in the capital of northern Kunduz province to be continued and stressed better administrative management there.

Kunduz City fell to the Talibaninfo-icon late on Monday after they mounted a three-pronged attack on the city on the night between Sunday and Monday.

But on Thursday, the Afghan security forces wrested back the entire city from the Taliban during a counter offensive that began last night and is still ongoing.

Ibrahimi told reporters in Kabul the Ministry of Refugee and Repatriation should provide needed facilities to the displaced families in Kunduz.

The lower house speaker said though Afghan forces had recaptured the provincial capital, fierce clashes were still ongoing in many parts of the city.

Ibrahimi identified the delay in launching operation in Kunduz and improper administrative and security management as the main reasons behind the fall of Kunduz City.

A day earlier, spymaster Rahmatullah Nabil told the Wolesi Jirga after being summoned that a massive planned operation in Kunduz had to be delayed for some reasons.

“There are many reasons behind the fall of Kunduz City and one of the reasons is that the governor of Kunduz was an incompetent and inexperienced person who had been unable to run the affairs in a proper way.”

President Ashraf Ghani on Wednesday dismissed Kunduz governor Mohammad Omar Safi and appointed his deputy as the acting governor.

Ibrahimi informed that the lower house had appointed a delegation to investigate the fall of Kunduz City and the investigation would reveal why the city collapsed.

The speaker stressed better management of security affairs and said: “We have full trust in the ability of our security forces. Our demand from senior security officials is that the search operation in Kunduz should continue until all areas of the province are cleared of militants.”

Under the Acting Law, Ibrahimi said an acting official could not perform his/her duty beyond two months and the acting defence minister was performing his duty against the law.

President Ghani appointed Mohammad Masoom Stanikzai as the acting defence minister on June 24 this year after his nomination as the defence minister-designate was rejected by the Wolesi Jirga.

Without going into details, Ibrahimi said a large number of people had migrated from Kunduz to other areas during the past four days.

He said most of the displaced families had moved to Zangal area of Imaminfo-icon Sahib district, where they faced a number of problems.

He urged the ministry concerned to assist the displaced families with needed relief goods.



Related Article

Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.



Twitter Update