4 Jundullah fighters perish in Baghlan airstrike
PUL-I-KHUMRI (Pajhwok): Security officials in northern Baghlan province on Saturday said four members of the Jundullah militant group had been killed in an airstrike, but residents said the dead were civilians.
Gauhar Khan Baburi, Baghlan-i-Markazi district head, told Pajhwok Afghan News the strike took place on Friday afternoon on a vehicle belonging to the group that worked closely with Taliban. Four of the dead, he said, were militants.
But resident Baz Gul claimed two men, a woman and a child -- all ordinary civilians -- had died in the strike. He added their vehicle was on the way to Kunduz province.
He said the woman and her child were buried in Masjid Safidarea by the locals, but the two men were identified and their relatives took the bodies with them.
Col. Abdul Bashir Rashid, Baghlan deputy police chief, said Taliban had stepped their activities in Charshanbe Tapa area on the Baghlan-Kunduz highway and clashes were ongoing.
Following the fall of Kunduz City, the Taliban blocked the Baghlan-Kunduz highway in Charshanbe Tapa.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.