600 displaced families from Kunduz arrive in Kabul
KABUL (Pajhwok): A youth group on Sunday said more than 600 displaced families from northern Kunduz province had arrived in central capital Kabul.
Sayed Obaidullah Hashemi, the National Assembly of Afghanistan Youth, told Pajhwok Afghan News Taliban’s recent actions in Kunduz were anti-Islamic and inhumane and the crimes they committed there were not forgivable.
With the help of Meshrano Jirga members, he said, they ascertained that 610 families had escaped the conflict in Kunduz and no aid had been delivered to them so far.
Kunduz city fell to Taliban insurgents on Monday and the rebels remain in control of some areas around the city.
Apart from suffering casualties, thousands of civilians were forced to leave their homes, currently facing shortages of food and shelter.
Hashemi said they had decided to send a list of the displaced families to relevant organisations for assistance.
According to local officials in Kunduz, more than 6,000 families have been displaced to Takhar province, 250 families to Badakhshan, 100 families to Samangan and 100 more to Mazar-i-Sharif.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.