Media activist’s death in Kunduz airstrike flayed
KABUL (Pajhwok): Media organisations on Sunday condemned the death of a media activist in Saturday’s US military airstrike on a Doctors without Borders hospital in northern Kunduz province, urging a thorough investigation.
Zarghona Hassan, Radio Kaihan head, told Pajhwok Afghan News Zabihullah Pashtunyar --- presenter of entertainment programmes for youth in the radio --- was killed in the airstrike on the Medicines Sans Frontiers (MSF) hospital in Kunduz province.
She said Zabihullah had been working for the past three years as a volunteer for their radio and would also take part in preparing reports.
According to Hassan, due to financial difficulties, Zabihullah got a job at MSF hospital three months back as guard in night shifts and continued his work during the day with Radio Kaihan.
Based on reports more than 19 people, including 12 staff of the trauma hospital and seven patients were killed in the US airstrike and dozens more were wounded.
Radio Kaihan was established seven years ago in Kunduz province and has been airing special programmes for youth.
Meanwhile, NAI media support organisation, vehemently condemned the attack on MSF hospital that resulted in the killing Zabihullah, urging those responsible to compensate his family.
Afghanistan Journalists Center (AFJC) also condemned Zabhullah’s killing and ransacking of media outlets equipment in Kunduz province.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.