Pajhwok Services

Photo Service

SMS News Service

Pajhwok combines its expertise and experience in news reporting with a telecom firm and thus reach a wider audience in an 
effective way.

To subscribe: 
English News Update : Send 83 to 824
Dari News Update : Send 84 to 824
Pashto News Update : Send 85 to 824

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Pakistani generals taken out of Kunduz in burqas & coffins

Pakistani generals taken out of Kunduz in burqas & coffins

Oct 06, 2015 - 14:10

KUNDUZ CITY (Pajhwok): Local officials on Tuesday alleged the Talibaninfo-icon helped some Pakistani generals in coffins and burqas (veils) to flee Kunduz City after it was reclaimed by the security forces.

Police spokesman Sayed Sarwar Hussaini told Pajhwok Afghan News security and intelligence organs had found that the militants, after being surrounded, whisked away some Pakistani generals in coffins.

He said a number of other Pakistani military officers fled the city in womeninfo-icon’s dress. But Hussaini did not provide details about the number of the Pakistani generals and their locations in Kunduz City.

Some media reports quoted Gen. Murad Ali Murad, the ground forces commander, as accusing the Pakistani military officers of sneaking into Kunduz City to lead last week’s battle there.

However, the Pakistani military’s media wing, Inter-Services Public Relations,  strongly rejected  the accusation as of involvement of Pakistani  security  officials  in Kunduz attack.

The allegations leveled by an Afghan official were totally unfounded, baseless, uncalled for and mischievous, the ISPR said in a statement.

It said Pakistaninfo-icon has already supported Afghan led and Afghan owned  peace process and condemned Kunduz  attack and such allegations were not even comprehensible.

The statement said such accusations were not a responsible behaviour and needed not be repeated in the better interest of addressing the actual threat.

Local officials said in addition to the Afghan Taliban, hardened insurgents from Pakistan, Chechnya, Uzbekistan, Arab countries and Tajikistan also took part in the battle for Kunduz.

Few days back, the acting governor revealed the nationalities of 10 foreign rebels. Eyewitnesses said the Taliban again attacked a square in the city late on Monday, but the security forces pushed them back.

Residents claimed the militants were using civilian houses as trenches for attacks on the security forces.

Provincial Council deputy head, Amruddin Wali, said: “The Taliban fire from people’s houses on security forces. This situation must end as soon as possible to prevent possible collateral damage.”

He expressed concern over the weak response from the Afghan forces and said the Taliban had been given a chance to reinforce themselves and fight back. The rebels, after reorganizing themselves, storm vulnerable areas.

Siddiqullah, a city inhabitant, said: “We don’t know what is going on. Security forces capture an area in the morning, but militants rule in afternoon and raise their white flags.” Civilians were paying the price, he concluded.


Related Article

Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.



Twitter Update