Pajhwok Services

Photo Service

SMS News Service

Pajhwok combines its expertise and experience in news reporting with a telecom firm and thus reach a wider audience in an 
effective way.

To subscribe: 
English News Update : Send 83 to 824
Dari News Update : Send 84 to 824
Pashto News Update : Send 85 to 824

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

10 militants, child killed in fresh bout of violence

10 militants, child killed in fresh bout of violence

Oct 19, 2015 - 16:29

JALALABAD/QALAT (Pajhwok): Ten militants, including six Islamic State fighters, have been killed during operations in eastern Nangarhar and southern Zabul provinces, officials and the military said on Monday.

Six Daesh fighters were killed and their vehicle destroyed during a joint operation of security forces in the Achin district on Sunday, the 201 Selab Military Corps said in a statement.

A large quantity of weapons and ammunition were seized from the slain rebels, the statement said.

The district chief, Haji Ghalib Mujahid, confirmed the operation, saying the government forces escaped unhurt during the offensive.

In southern Zabul province, three Talibaninfo-icon militants, who harassed passengers on the Kabulinfo-icon-Kandahar highway, were killed by security forces in Qarah Bagh area of Shah Joy district on Sunday evening, the district chief said.

Wazir Mohammad Jawadi told Pajhwok Afghan News the dead insurgents included Mullahinfo-icon Jan, the group leader.

Police seized Mullah Jan’s corpse and handed it over to his family on Monday morning, the official said.

But Taliban spokesman Qari Yousaf Ahmadi said only one fighter had been killed in the clash in Shahjoy.

Meanwhile, a security official told Pajhwok Afghan News that two policemen, who were bothers, escaped from duty in a car last night.

But Qari Yousaf Ahmadi said the brothers had joined the insurgency in Sewri district.

Elsewhere, one child was killed and another wounded in a landmine blast in Sabari wa Yaqubi district of southeastern Khost province on Monday morning.

The district chief, Agha Jan Tawkali, told Pajhwok Afghan News the blast took place in Mochi village west of the district centre at 8am.

The children were grazing animals when the blast took place, killing one and injuring another, he said.

The official said it was not clear if the bomb was freshly planted or leftover from the past wars, but police were investigating.

A resident of Mochi village, Asadullah, told Pajhwok Afghan News the two children were seven and 10 years old.

He said the blast was the first of its kind taking place in their village. He said it was possible the bomb dated back to jihadinfo-icon era.


Related Article

Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.



Twitter Update