2 civilians killed, 15 wounded in Faryab blast
MAIMANA (Pajhwok): Two civilians were killed and 15 others including a former jihadi commander were injured in a bomb in northern Faryab province on Monday, an official said.
The blast took place in Andkhoi district when the former jihadi commander was passing through the district center at around 10:30am, the district chief, Sultan Sanjar, told Pajhwok Afghan News.
The former commander, Mohammad Qul who was slightly injured in the blast, belonged to the Junbish-i-Milli Islami party. Two children among the wounded.
“I saw a young man approaching my Hilux car and then he detonated his explosives,” Qul said.
But the district police chief, Col. Habibullah, said the explosives had been planted on a rickshaw parked in the area.
He said the injured people had been shifted to hospital and five of them were said to be in critical condition.
Eyewitness Ibrahim Tinams said he was in the hospital when a dead body and another one in coma were brought in.
He said another 10 injured people, all civilians, were then brought to the hospital.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.