Kabul residents rally against beheading of civilians in Zabul
KABUL (Pajhwok): Enraged residents on Tuesday rallied in Kabul against the beheading of seven civilians by Islamic State loyalists in southern Zabul province.
They also called for transporting the victims’ bodies to Kabul, deterrent punishment for the perpetrators and transparent investigationsinto the Farkhunda murder case.
Younis Akhter, a member of civil society, told Pajhwok Afghan News: “We want to arrange a nationwide funeral ceremony in front of the Presidential Palace for those killed in Zabul.”
Daesh fighters had abducted the seven residents, including three women and a child, of the Jaghori district of Ghazni province last month and beheaded them on Sunday in the Khak-i-Afghan district of Zabul.
The slain individuals also included four men and their bodies have been handed over to Jaghori residents.
President Ashraf Ghani has condemned the beheadings in the strongest possible terms, saying the incidentreflected the enemy’s defeat and desperation.“The brutal killing of innocent people is not justifiable in any religion.”
Maulvi Abdul Rahman Rahmani, a lawmaker from northern Balkh province, told journalists that Daesh followers were more extremist than Taliban and they wanted to intimidate people and divide them on ethnic lines.
The beheadings came during clashes between supporters of Taliban’s supreme leader Mullah Akhtar Mansour and a dissent commander, Mullah Dadullah, in Zabul province. So far left at least 110 fighters have been killed and dozens more wounded.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.