Nangarhar governor vows to reclaim usurped land
JALALABAD (Pajhwok): The governor on Thursday said he had ordered the municipality department to identify usurped land in Jalalabad, the capital of eastern Nangarhar province.
Presenting his second 100-day action plan at a ceremony here, Saleem Khan Kunduzi said they would not allow anyone to construct buildings in green areas.
“I assign the mayor to submit a detailed report on confiscated lands in the city. We won’t let anybody grab land,” he said, adding their past 100-day plan was 80 percent enforced.
Boosting coordination among security organs, raising a 100-member local police force, increasing municipality’s and customs revenues, implementing highway and other projects had been part of the previous plan, he said.
There might be some technical or financial issues in projects, but generally they had enforced their plan well, he said, adding that construction work on the Behsud bridge has been 70 percent completed and would be inaugurated in the near future and work on the Kabul-Jalalabad highway has been started.
The construction of Amir Shaheed garden, installing turbine in Kama district, construction of some roads, bridges and other development activities have been included in the new 100-day plan, he said, promising work on the projects would be launched soon.
Jalalabad Mayor Hamidullah Afghan told Pajhwok Afghan News it was unknown how much land had been grabbed by people, but mostly the land allocated to green areas and mosques had been seized by some people and had constructed buildings on them.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.