7 more Daesh militants killed in Nangarhar raids
JALALABAD (Pajhwok): Another seven Islamic State fighters were killed in clashes with security forces in the troubled Achin district of eastern Nangarhar province, an official said on Sunday.
The joint Afghan forces raided centres of the Daesh affiliates late on Saturday, using light and heavy weapons, killing seven militants, the governor’s spokesman, Attaullah Khogyani, told Pajhwok Afghan News.
The forces confiscated some weapons and ammunition during the raids part of an ongoing operation that was launched one and a half months ago, he said. He dubbed the operation “Shaheen-10” full of achievements.
The raids followed attacks by the Islamic State gunmen on security forces in Abdulkhel area of the district in which three security personnel were injured. The retaliatory action left 12 Daesh militants dead, according to local officials.
The group has so far said nothing about the operations against them in the Achin district.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.