Pajhwok Services

Photo Service

SMS News Service

Pajhwok combines its expertise and experience in news reporting with a telecom firm and thus reach a wider audience in an 
effective way.

To subscribe: 
English News Update : Send 83 to 824
Dari News Update : Send 84 to 824
Pashto News Update : Send 85 to 824

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Khost education department gets new building

Khost education department gets new building

Nov 25, 2015 - 17:46

KHOST CITY (Pajhwok): A new building for the educationinfo-icon department was inaugurated in southern Khost province on Wednesday, an official said.

Governor Hakam Khan Habibi, during the inauguration ceremony for the three-storey building, told Pajhwok Afghan News the facility had 38 rooms.

He said the project accounted for 21 million afghanis, provided by the Word Bank. The building took two years to complete.

“The problem of a shortage of buildings for government officials is gradually being resolved,” he said, adding serious efforts were being made to address issues of public importance.

Habibi believed people would no longer face any problems if government officers were provided with a proper environmentinfo-icon to work in.

Education director Eng. Bakht Noor Bakhtyar said they had to deal with multiple problems, including coordination, when his staff members worked in four small buildings.

Shah Mahmood, a teacher in Gurbaz district, said they lost a lot of time going from one building to another of the education department.

Local officials say 70 percent of government offices in Khost have their own buildings and the remaining 30 percent are housed in rental houses.



Related Article

Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.



Twitter Update