2 civilians killed, 7 injured in Khost explosion
KHOST CITY (Pajhwok): Two persons were killed and seven others wounded when a bomb blast targeted the vehicle of a provincial council member in southern Khost province on Wednesday, an official said.
Governor’s spokesman Mubariz Mohammad Zadran told Pajhwok Afghan News the blast occurred when Habib Khan Taniwal, a member of the provincial council, arrived at the scene in his vehicle. It was a remotely-controlled that took place at about 2pm.
Taniwal survived the blast and was unhurt, but two civilians in nearby government office were killed and seven others, including three bodyguards of Taniwal, were wounded.
An eyewitness Shafiqullah said: “The explosion was very powerful. It killed and wounded many people.”
Provincial public health director Dr. Hidayatullah Hamidi confirmed receiving two dead bodies and seven wounded people at the civil hospital. He said the condition of two of wounded persons was critical.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.