Pajhwok Services

Photo Service

SMS News Service

Pajhwok combines its expertise and experience in news reporting with a telecom firm and thus reach a wider audience in an 
effective way.

To subscribe: 
English News Update : Send 83 to 824
Dari News Update : Send 84 to 824
Pashto News Update : Send 85 to 824

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Newly-wed couple dies of carbon monoxide poisoning

Newly-wed couple dies of carbon monoxide poisoning

Dec 14, 2015 - 16:05

HERAT CITY (Pajhwok): A newly-wed couple found dead on Monday in their home in western Herat province were poisoned by carbon monoxide from a liquefied gas cylinder, an official said.

Herat zonal hospital spokesman Dr. Mohammad Rafiq Sherzai confirmed to Pajhwok Afghan News receiving the bodies of the couple.

He said the 24-year-old bride and the 25-year-old groom lost their lives to poisonous gas while asleep in their home in Babaji area of Herat city, the provincial capital, on Sunday night. Sherzai did not provide more details about the incident.

However, he said it was the first incident of its kind taking place in Herat this year. He said such incidents usually happened in winter when people heat their homes using liquefied gas.

Sherzai recommended residents to take safety measures while using fuel and avoid using coal and liquefied gas during night.

But some residents of Herat province said they must use gas in the absence of electricity to survive severe weather conditions.




Related Article

Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.



Twitter Update