At least 30 injured in second Kabul suicide bombing
KABUL (Pajhwok): At least 30 people, including women and children, were injured on Monday evening when a suicide bomber detonated his explosives-filled car in capital Kabul, an official said, the second attack hours apart.
Ministry of Public Health official Mohammad Ismael Kawosi said 30 injured people including three women and nine children had so far been delivered to various hospitals of as 8pm from the scene.
He said the injured were taken to Indra Gandhi Children Hospital, Wazir Mohammad Akbar Khan and Jamhoriat hospitals in Kabul and their condition was stated to be stable.
It was a second suicide attack in Kabul on Monday. The first attack, in which only the suicide attacker was killed, took place in the same area in front of the Hamid Karzai International Airport’s entrance gate at around 11:30am.
In the earlier attack, the bomber detonated his explosives-laden vehicle when police signalled him to stop at a checkpoint. Nobody else was harmed in the explosion.
The second attack occurred in front of the Met Office southeast of the Kabul international airport at about 6:30pm.
“The suicide bomber detonated his car bomb in front of the Met Office southeast of the airport,” , Interior Ministry’s 119 police helpline chief Brig. Gen. Hamayun Aini told Pajhwok Afghan News.
He said the target and casualties in the attack were not immediately known, but security forces had cordoned off the site.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.