11 rebels killed after attack on police convoy in Farah
FARAH CITY (Pajhwok): Nearly a dozen Taliban militants were killed after they attacked a police convoy in western Farah province, an official said on Tuesday.
The governor’s spokesman, Mohammad Naser Mahri, told Pajhwok Afghan News the police convoy came under attack in Babos area located between Pusht Koh and Anar Dara districts late on Monday.
In the ensuing clash, 11 attackers were killed, two wounded and their 20 motorcycles and a corolla car were seized. Three policemen were also wounded during the clash. Mahri said police torched the motorcycles and the car.
Farah Civil Hospital Director Dr. Abdul Hakim Rasouli confirmed receiving three wounded policemen.
Mohammad, a resident of Pusht Koh district, confirmed the clash and said three policemen had been wounded and a large number of militants suffered casualties in the firefight.
The Taliban have not yet commented on the incident. However, the militants in their website said a large number of security forces had sustained casualties during an attack in Bala Buluk district of Farah on Monday. The site confirmed losing two fighters to the attack.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.