22 more IS fighters eliminated in Nangarhar drone strikes
JALALABAD (Pajhwok): Twenty-two Islamic State (IS) (Daesh) militants have been killed in fresh airstrikes in the Haska Mena district of eastern Nangarhar province, an official said on Sunday.
Attaullah Khogyani, the governor’s spokesman, told Pajhwok Afghan News an unmanned drone fired missiles at IS -- also known as Daesh -- hideouts in the Shabi Tangi locality late on Saturday.
Among the dead were some notorious members of the group, he said, adding civilians had suffered no causalities in the raid.
Earlier, 21 Daesh fighters had been eliminated in the same area. The insurgent outfit has not yet commented on the casualties.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.