45 Daesh insurgents eliminated in Achin offensive: MoI
KABUL (Pajhwok): At least 45 Islamic State (IS) fighters have been killed in the Achin district of eastern Nangarhar province during the past 48 hours, the Ministry of Interior (MoI) said on Wednesday.
MoI spokesman Seddiq Seddiqi told reporters at a news conference here the Daesh insurgents were killed in different parts of Achin district. He did not provide more details about the fatalities.
Daesh rebels have not yet commentedon their casualties. Pajhwok Afghan News tried to contact local officials on the military action, but failed.
Calling Daesh a big threat to national security, Seddiqi said: “Afghan forces are fighting valiantly against one of the world’s most notorious terrorist groups.”
He added 12 other rebels had been killed and five Kalashnikovs and an RGP seized in Baghlan, Kapisa, Kandahar, Kunduz and Badakhshan province in the past one week.
On the other hand, Taliban militants claimedinflicting heavy casualties on security forces in Kandahar, Badakhshan, Kunduz and Baghlan provinces.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.