Pajhwok Services

Photo Service

SMS News Service

Pajhwok combines its expertise and experience in news reporting with a telecom firm and thus reach a wider audience in an 
effective way.

To subscribe: 
English News Update : Send 83 to 824
Dari News Update : Send 84 to 824
Pashto News Update : Send 85 to 824

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Security forces no more in defensive mode: Gen. Murad

Security forces no more in defensive mode: Gen. Murad

Feb 22, 2016 - 20:32

KABULinfo-icon (Pajhwok): Deputy Chief of Army Staff Lt. Gen. Murad Ali Murad on Monday said the troops were ready for the spring offensive and they were no more in a defensive mode.

He told a press briefing here that the Afghan forces were fully prepared for future challenges.

He said the Ministry of Defence was pulling out troops from parts of the country to prevent troops’ causalities in the upcoming spring offensive.

Lt. Gen. Murad said militants used all their resources in 2014-15 against the country’s security forces to show the international community they were resurgent.

He claimed the enemy sustained heavy causalities in last year’s fighting season and they had lost international support.

He said another insurgent group under the name of Islamic State (IS) emerged in recent years, but the outfit was defeated by security forces with their bravery.

Murad said unlike previous winter seasons the security forces faced challenges this winter, but they were prepared to face challenges ahead.



Related Article

Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.


Add new comment


Twitter Update