2 deminers killed in rebel attack in Kandahar
KANDAHAR (Pajhwok): Two deminers were killed in a rebel attack in Maiwand district of southern Kandahar province on Tuesday, officials said.
The incident took place in Haji Aziz camp area of Maiwand district, the governor’s spokesman, Samim Khpalwak, told Pajhwok Afghan News.
He said the deminers were wounded in the attack, but they died on the way to hospital. Security forces rushed to the area and briefly clashed with the attackers, he added.
Security forces had opened an investigation into the attack and had launched a manhunt for the gunmen, said Obaidullah, the district police chief.
No group has claimed responsibility for the incident so far.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.