Pajhwok Services

Photo Service

SMS News Service

Pajhwok combines its expertise and experience in news reporting with a telecom firm and thus reach a wider audience in an 
effective way.

To subscribe: 
English News Update : Send 83 to 824
Dari News Update : Send 84 to 824
Pashto News Update : Send 85 to 824

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Negligence allows Taliban to capture posts: Qahraman

Negligence allows Taliban to capture posts: Qahraman

Mar 08, 2016 - 18:42

LASHKARGAH (Pajhwok): The presidential envoy for security affairs in southern Helmand province on Tuesday said a number of security posts had been captured by insurgents due to negligence of duty by some security officials.

“Those who commit negligence of duty are being killed themselves, no one should commit negligence in duty,” Abdul Jabbar Qahraman told reporters in Lashkargah, the provincial capital.

He confirmed a number of security posts were captured by Talibaninfo-icon militants during clashes with security forces in Greskh and Nad Ali districts, but said the rebels had no ability to hold them for a long time.

Qahraman said the insurgents had been weakened. However, over the past four days, the insurgents captured a number of security posts in various areas and inflicted heavy casualties on security forces.

“With each passing day, the Taliban are losing their combat capability, but negligence in duty by security forces during nights has allowed the Taliban to capture security posts,” argued the presidential envoy.

He said they had identified problems in security posts and said efforts would be made to resolve them.

Qaharam rejected rumours that Helmand was on the verge of falling to the insurgents, saying President Ghani and foreign troops were paying special attention to Helmand.

He said foreign troops were taking part in nighttime operations and airstrikes with their Afghan counterparts in Helmand.

He also informed that a 300-member strong security squad had been created for maintaining security in Lashkargah.

Qahraman said the operations against militants were slow going because the rebels had taken refuge at people’s homes and security forces did not want to harm civilians.

He said he had mustered people’s support for maintaining security in Helmand and had devised some plans in this regard.

Four districts are under Taliban’s control in Helmand where the government’s writ has been confined to district centres in many other towns.



Related Article

Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.


Add new comment


Twitter Update