4 more insurgents eliminated in Chardara offensive: Police
KUNDUZ CITY (Pajhwok): Four militants were killed and two others wounded in ongoing military operation in the Chardara district of northern Kunduz province on Wednesday, an official said.
Police chief Brig. Gen. Mohammad Qasim Jangal Bagh, told Pajhwok Afghan Newsthe slow-paced offensivewas aimed at avoiding civilian causalities.
A large quantity of explosives, landmines and suicide vests had been destroyed in Afghan Air Force raids in the district, he claimed, saying security forces were closing in on Nawabad and Yatim villages.
The Taliban have not yet commented on the security forces’ progress, but the group claimed Afghan Local Police (ALP) Commander Qarahhad been seriously wounded in Dobandi locality.
A resident of Yatim village, who wished anonymity, accused the insurgents of using civilian houses, particularly guestrooms, as bunkers.
Earlier security forces had claimed inflicting heavy causalities on the fighters during the ongoing offensive.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.