Pajhwok Services

Photo Service

SMS News Service

Pajhwok combines its expertise and experience in news reporting with a telecom firm and thus reach a wider audience in an 
effective way.

To subscribe: 
English News Update : Send 83 to 824
Dari News Update : Send 84 to 824
Pashto News Update : Send 85 to 824

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Blasts rock Badghis & Zabul; terror groups busted in Kandahar

Security & Crime


Blasts rock Badghis & Zabul; terror groups busted in Kandahar

Mar 26, 2016 - 12:58

QALA-I-NAW/QALAT/KANDAHAR CITY (Pajhwok): At least two civilians and three policemen have been killed and wounded in separate landmine blasts, with three terrorist groups busted by the spyservice, officials said on Saturday.

A landmine explosion hit two motorcyclists in the Qadis district of northwestern Badghis province at around 6:30am on Saturday. One wounded motorcyclist was evacuated to hospital and his condition is said to be stable.

The roadside bomb had been planted by the insurgents to target governmental vehicles, the district police chief, Maj. Abdul Hakim Sabiri, told Pajhwok Afghan News.

Separately, another landmine went off in southern Zabul province, killing one policeman on Friday, said Col. Ghulam Jilani Farahi, the deputy police chief. The incident in Mizan district wounded two others.

He said the injured were shifted to Mirwais Hospital in neighbouring Kandahar province.However, a hospital official said: “One of the two wounded was in critical condition and succumbed to his injuries.”

The Talibaninfo-icon have not yet commented regarding the Badghis incident but claimed responsibility for the Zabul explosion. Their spokesman Qari Yousaf Ahmadi claimed at least 10 policemen had suffered casualties in the Mizan attack.

Elsewhere in the volatile south, three insurgent groups were busted in Kandahar province, a statement from the National Directorate of Security (NDSinfo-icon) said.

The groups included 15 members, who planned to conduct attacks across the province. They were detained before reaching their goals, the intelligence agency added.


Related Article

Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.


Add new comment


Twitter Update