At least 7 dead, 25 wounded in Parwan suicide attack
CHARIKAR (Pajhwok): At least seven civilians were killed and 25 others wounded in a suicide attack in the Siah Gird district of central Parwan province on Tuesday, an official said.
Deputy Governor Shah Wali Shahid, visiting the injured at the Parwan Civil Hospital, told Pajhwok Afghan News the attack was carried out by a motorcyclist near Hazrat Ali High School in the district centre at around 9:30am.
He said seven people were killed and 24 others -- all civilians -- injured in the attack. Afghan forces, after being tipped off, took measures to prevent the attacker, who detonated his explosives before reaching his target.
Shahid asked militants to stop killing civilians and instead join with the government-initiated peace process in the best interest of the country.
Aziz Rahman, a shopkeeper who was injured along with his son in the incident, said the suicide attacker raised his hand and detonated his bomb immediately after arriving in the area.
Under treatment at the Parwan Civil Hospital, he asked the Afghan forces to prevent attacks that took lives of innocent people. Rahman said he and his 12 years old son were in stable condition.
Parwan Civil Hospital Director Dr. Abdul Qasim Sangin confirmed receiving 25 injured people, including five children, from the blast site. He said the condition of 15 of the injured was critical.
He added the injured in serious condition would be referred to Kabul hospitals for treatment. No group has so far commented on the incident.
About a year ago, eight civilians and three Afghan Local Police (ALP) personnel were wounded in roadside bombing in Siah Gird district.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.