Language

Don't you have an account with Pajhwok Afghan News?

Click here to subscribe.

4 teenage suicide bombers detained in Kudnuz

KABUL (Pajhwok): Four young suicide bombers have been detained by intelligence forces in northern Kunduz province, the governor said on Saturday, claiming the teenagers wanted to attack on his office.

Asadullah Omarkhel told a press conference here the four boys 16 and 17 years old hailed from western Ghor province and had been trained in Miagun Jan Agha religious seminary in Qarabagh district of Kabul for suicide attacks and other disruptive activities.

The teenage boys were arrested by the National Directorate of Security (NDS) forces in Kunduz before they could reach their target, the governor said, adding the detainees had confessed to planning suicide attacks in different parts of Kunduz.

Juma Gul, one of the detainees, said they had been learning religious studies in Qarabagh district for a year and one of their teachers encouraged them to carry out attacks against Afghan government, for which they were trained.

“They duped us into fighting against the government and into carrying out suicide attacks. We were sent to Kunduz in compliance with instructions of Ihsanullah, one of the detainees’ uncle, who is a Taliban commander in Kunduz,” he said, regretting his act.

myn/ma

Related Topics

GET IN TOUCH

SUGGEST A STORY

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

PAJHWOK MOBILE APP

Download our mobile application to get the latest updates on your mobile phone. Read more