26 insurgents eliminated, 10 injured in Kunduz offensive
KUNDUZ CITY (Pajhwok): Twenty-six militants have been killed and 10 others wounded in security operation supported by NATO warplanes in the Chardara district of northern Kunduz province, an official said on Monday.
The overnight offensive was conducted in the Panjsher Qahslaq area of the provincial capital, and the Erikang locality of Chardara district at around 11:00pm. Several areas were purged of insurgents.
Col. Ghulam Hazrat, spokesman for 20th Pamir Unit, told Pajhwok Afghan News the security forces destroyed a tank one tank that had been captured by the fighters. The NATO-backed military action would continue, he said.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.