Ghor student dies after eating ‘poisoned’ hostel meal
FIROZKOH (Pajhwok): Local officials on Tuesday said one of five high school students, who fell ill after eating ‘poisonous’ meal at hostel last night, died on his way to hospital in western Ghor province.
The students living in hostel of the Sultan Alauddin High School in Firozkoh, the capital of Ghor, apparently ate poisonous food at around 9pm on Monday night.
Ghor education director Sibghatullah Akbari told Pajhwok Afghan News that one of the students, Lotfullah, breathed his last on the way to hospital. The remaining four students were in stable condition, he said.
He said it remained unclear whether the students had been poisoned by food or something else because 500 other students ate the same food, but none of them fell ill.
Akbari said 10 people, including the hostel cook and other workers, had been detained and police were investigating the incident.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.