6 killed, 147 injured in 3 days of Kunduz fighting
KUNDUZ CITY (Pajhwok): At least half a dozen civilians have been killed and another 147 injured in three days of clashes between security forces and Taliban militants in northern Kunduz province, officials said Sunday.
Provincial public health director Saad Mukhtar told Pajhwok Afghan News they had been delivered six dead bodies and 147 injured civilians during the past three days from Imam Sahib, Chahar Dara, Ali Abad districts and from the outskirts of Kunduz City, the provincial capital.
However, he said the injured were in stable condition. Mukhar said 85 injured people were brought to the hospital on the first day, 47 on the second and 15 on Sunday. They included children and women, he added.
Mukhtar said the Civil Hospital was providing treatment to all the injured day and night. He said the World Health Organization (WHO) had also announced its readiness to support Kunduz hospitals when needed.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.