Death toll from devastating attack in Kabul soars to 64
KABUL (Pajhwok): The death toll from Tuesday’s devastating attack on an elite security agency in the heart of Kabul has soared to 64,a spokesman for the Ministry of Interior (MoI) announced on Wednesday.
Sadiq Seddiqi told reporters in Kabul most of the casualties were civilians. The spokesman put the number of those wounded in the Taliban-claimed bomb-gun assault at 347, including women and children.
He said a committee comprised of representatives the National Directorate of Security, MoI and Defence Ministry had been constituted to investigate the massive attack, the deadliest single assault in the capital since 2011.
Some of the wounded are said to be in critical condition. Those with slight injuries were discharged from Kabul hospitals after being administered first medical aid, according to the Ministry of Public Health.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.