12 Daesh militants killed in Nangarhar drone strikes
JALALABAD (Pajhwok): At least a dozen Daesh fighters have been killed during separate NATO drone strikes in eastern Nangarhar province during the past 24 hours, officials said on Thursday.
Attaullah Khogyani, the provincial government spokesman, told Pajhwok Afghan News one of the drone strikes took place in Sarobi village of the Achin district.
Six Islamic State fighters were killed in the attack that also destroyed a bomb-rigged car belonging to the militants, he said, claiming the dead militants had crossed into Afghanistan from Pakistan’s semi-autonomous tribal region of Orakzai.
Civilians suffered no casualties in the précise drone strike, the gubernatorial spokesman said.
The Ministry of Defence also confirmed a number of Daesh militants had been killed in a drone raid in the Achin district.
The governor’s spokesman continued another four militants were killed on Thursday morning in a separate drone strike in the Khogyani district.
He said the attack took place in Pirakhel area of Wazir region and the dead militants included a commander.
Meanwhile, Nangarhar police spokesman Hazrat Hussain Mashriqwal said an airstrike killed two Islamic State militants in the Kot district.
The Daesh group has so far said nothing about the drone attacks.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.