2 civilians killed, 16 injured in Laghman bomb attack
MEHTARLAM (Pajhwok): Two civilians were killed and 16 others wounded in a roadside bombing in eastern Laghman province, an official said on Tuesday.
Sarhadi Zwak, the governor’s spokesman, told Pajhwok Afghan News the blast took place in the Najil Kala area of Alishang district before noon.
He said two civilians were killed and 16 others wounded by the bomb planted by Taliban militants. The wounded were evacuated to the provincial civil hospital.
Governor Abdul Jabbar Naeemi, meanwhile, condemned the incident and ordered the civil hospital management to carefully treat the wounded.
No rebel group has so far claimed responsibility for the attack.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.