3 civilians killed, 12 injured in Daesh firing: official
JALALBAD (Pajhwok): Islamic State militants entered people’s homes and killed three and injured a dozen more civilians during an hours-long clash with security forces in eastern Nangarhar province, an official said on Friday.
The clash between security forces and Daesh militants broke out on Thursday night in Seh Pai area of Kot district and ended on Friday morning, the governor’s spokesman, Attaullah Khogyani, told Pajhwok Afghan News.
He said security forces were now in control of the area. He said the slain civilians included a child and another three children were among the 12 others injured.
He said security forces and Daesh militants had also suffered casualties but exact figures were not yet known.
The militant outfit has so far said nothing in this regard.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.