Pajhwok Services

Photo Service

SMS News Service

Pajhwok combines its expertise and experience in news reporting with a telecom firm and thus reach a wider audience in an 
effective way.

To subscribe: 
English News Update : Send 83 to 824
Dari News Update : Send 84 to 824
Pashto News Update : Send 85 to 824

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Taliban kill abducted passengers in retaliation: Jangalbagh

Taliban kill abducted passengers in retaliation: Jangalbagh

Jun 28, 2016 - 21:34

KUNDUZ CITY (Pajhwok): The police chief for northern Kunduz province on Tuesday said the Talibaninfo-icon had killed six captives in retaliation after their commander was killed in a US drone strike in the Chahardara district.

Local officials two days ago said Taliban’s prison in-charge Janat Gul  was killed along with five associates in a US drone strike.

But a member of the provincial council, Amaruddin, had said Gul was killed along with two others in the strike and the remaining 14 people killed were passengers the Taliban had kidnapped from the Kunduz-Takhar highway.

Kunduz police chief Brig. Gen. Qasim Jangalbagh told Pajhwok Afghan News the Taliban killed six passengers in captivity in revenge for the killing of Janat Gul.

“Taliban imprisoned the six passengers in a container after abducting them on the Kunduz-Takhar highway and blew up the container after the drone strike.”

Kunduz public healthinfo-icon officials said they had been delivered six dead bodies of passengers who had been kidnapped by Taliban some time ago and were killed, according to people, in the drone attack.

A relative of one of the slain persons, Hafiz, 30, said: “Taliban kidnapped a cousin of my father-in-law on the Kunduz road and held him captive until he was killed with others in an airstrike.”

The Pentagon has said it is investigating reports about a US airstrike that left dead at least six individuals in Taliban’s captivity and an insurgent commander.

One unnamed Defense Department official was quoted as saying by Reuters news agency the alleged civilian deaths in Saturday’s raid near Kunduz City were being investigated.



Related Article

Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.


Add new comment


Twitter Update