Pajhwok Services

Photo Service

SMS News Service

Pajhwok combines its expertise and experience in news reporting with a telecom firm and thus reach a wider audience in an 
effective way.

To subscribe: 
English News Update : Send 83 to 824
Dari News Update : Send 84 to 824
Pashto News Update : Send 85 to 824

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

2 dead, 17 wounded in Nangarhar suicide bombing

2 dead, 17 wounded in Nangarhar suicide bombing

Jul 02, 2016 - 11:23

JALALABAD (Pajhwok): Two civilians were killed and 17 others wounded in a suicide bombing in Jalalabad, the capital of eastern Nangarhar province, on Saturday, an official said.

Attaullah Khogyani, the governor’s spokesman, told Pajhwok Afghan News the explosion took place in the limits of fifth police district at around 10:00 am.

The apparent target was head of local uprising groups and tribal elder from Kot district Haji Hayat Khan. However, he and his guards escaped unhurt. Khan’s vehicle was damaged in the explosion.

Public Healthinfo-icon Director Dr. NajibullahKamawal said two bodies and 17 injured people had been evacuated to the hospital from the site.

Police Spokesman Hazrat Hussain Mashraqiwal said Haji Hayat headed an uprising movement in Kot and recruited hundred residents in fight against Daesh.

There was no immediate responsibility for the attack, which came at a time when heavy fighting is underway between security forces and Daesh fighters in Kot district.

According to the governor’s office, 225 Daesh militants have been killed and scores wounded during a week-long security operation in Kot.


Related Article

Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.


Add new comment


Twitter Update