Pajhwok Services

Photo Service

SMS News Service

Pajhwok combines its expertise and experience in news reporting with a telecom firm and thus reach a wider audience in an 
effective way.

To subscribe: 
English News Update : Send 83 to 824
Dari News Update : Send 84 to 824
Pashto News Update : Send 85 to 824

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Governor hails teacher for school construction in Mata Khan

Governor hails teacher for school construction in Mata Khan

Jul 07, 2016 - 10:22

SHARAN (Pajhwok): A teacher in the Mata Khan district of southeastern Paktika province provided educationinfo-icon opportunity for hundreds of students at a school he built on his personal expenditures.

Khyal Mohammad, 55, the resident of Shawar Kachi locality told Pajhwok Afghan News in an exclusive chat the boys of the area were deprived from education for several years.

“The education ministry and other officials were unable to establish school in the area due to insecurity and lawlessness therefore I took the initiative and established the school with my own financing and some charity funds,” he said.

According to Khyal 80 percent work of the school had been completed and the remaining 20 percent work was stopped due to the lack of funds.

“I and some educated individuals including the religious scholars voluntarily teach in the school for nearly 300 students,” he said.

He added the school was established for the first time three years back and up to 6th class education was provided in the facility.

Abdul Qahar, the resident of locality, said Ustad Khyal served as teacher in different areas for years.

“Now he constructed six room for his self financed school in the areas where hundreds of students were provided with education,” he said.

Abdul Qahar said the residents of locality were happy about the establishment of school and they hailed the efforts of Ustad Khyal.

Governor Ilyas Wahdat said he met Ustad Khyal and gifted him his turbine for his exemplary effort regarding education in the backward area of Paktika.

He said his school was not registered with the Education department but they would register it now.

The governor said efforts were underway to establish schools in the backward areas of the province with the help of local elders.



Related Article

Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.


Add new comment


Twitter Update