Pajhwok Services

Photo Service

SMS News Service

Pajhwok combines its expertise and experience in news reporting with a telecom firm and thus reach a wider audience in an 
effective way.

To subscribe: 
English News Update : Send 83 to 824
Dari News Update : Send 84 to 824
Pashto News Update : Send 85 to 824

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

HR violations, civilian displacement in east worries AIHRC

HR violations, civilian displacement in east worries AIHRC

Jul 13, 2016 - 18:14

JALALABAD (Pajhwok): The Afghanistaninfo-icon Independent Human Rights Commission (AIHRC) head for the eastern zone has expressed her concern over civilian displacement by the conflict in Nangarhar province.

Sabrina Hamidi, in an exclusive interview with Pajhwok Afghan News, said hundreds of people had been displaced from Achin, Kot, Batikot, Haska Mina and a number of other districts of Nangarhar as result of armed clashes during the current year.

The Nangarhar Refugees and Repatriation Department says more than 30,000 families have been displaced in the Shinwari zone due to frequent firefights between Afghan forces and Daesh this year.

A week earlier, Nangarhar GovernorSalim Khan Kunduzi said 600 families had been displaced only in Kot district. He added the affected households had been given essential items, a process that is still underway.

Sabrina Hamidi said harming civilians during the conflict was a violation of human rights. “We are concerned about such violations in eastern Nangarhar province,” she added.

“Afghanistan’s international allies should bring pressure on those who do not accept the law and prevent them from violating human rights,” Hamidi stressed.

In addition to causing casualties and financial losses to civilians, the war had also deprived tens of thousands of children of educationinfo-icon, she lamented. Around 50 schools have been closed in the Shinwari area of Nangarhar for the past one year and a half.

Based on the department’s information, a number of schools were previously open. More than 30 are still closed. The department has set up mobile schools for displaced children.

Ahmadi urged warring parties to avoid civilian casualties and respect human rights.




Related Article

Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.


Add new comment


Twitter Update