Pajhwok Services

Photo Service

SMS News Service

Pajhwok combines its expertise and experience in news reporting with a telecom firm and thus reach a wider audience in an 
effective way.

To subscribe: 
English News Update : Send 83 to 824
Dari News Update : Send 84 to 824
Pashto News Update : Send 85 to 824

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Having lost 6 sons, Bibi concerned about grandchildren’s future

Having lost 6 sons, Bibi concerned about grandchildren’s future

Jul 20, 2016 - 13:31

JALALABAD (Pajhwok): Niaz Bibi, whose six sons have been killed by Daesh or so-called Islamic State (IS) fighters in eastern Nangarhar province, is concerned about the future of her grandchildren.

On June 23, Daesh insurgents attacked several areas in the Kot district of Nangarhar, leaving several people dead and wounded and torchinga number of civilian houses.The rebels also killed some security personnel.

Niaz Bibi’ssix sons were killed in the attacks two others wounded. The 55 years old woman did her best to fight back her tears, but she could not control her emotions while narrating her story.

In an exclusive interview with Pajhwok Afghan News, she recalled: “My sons were at home, protecting us and other villagers when the fighters struck.” Now she has to take care of 20 orphaned grandchildren and six widowed daughters-in-law.

“I’m proud of my sons having laid down their lives in defenceof the nation. I would proudly groom my grandchildren and task them with protecting our people,” she resolved.However, Bibi is uncomfortable at night after the loss of her sons.

Lal Mohammad, elder son of Bibi, is fighting alongside an uprising group in Kot.“It is really painful losing six brothers in a single day. But I’m proud of my brothers being martyred while defending their country,” he remarked.

Committed to taking care of all his orphaned nephews and nieces until his death, he asked the government to help the families of victims and those whose houses were destroyed.He confirmed the provincial government had previously assisted the affected families with cash and essential items.

The governor’s spokesman, Attaullah Khogyani, promised: “Local authorities will continue helping the victims’ families in Kot and will reconstruct the houses destroyed.”

He added Nangarhar Governor Saleem Kunduzi visited Niaz Bibi during Eid days and donated some essential items to her family.On June 25, Khogyani had said the militants killed eight civilians including four children and three womeninfo-icon in Kot.

He alleged the rebels also torched 23 civilian houses that caused huge financial losses to people.Daesh also took 30 civilians including children and women hostage, but they were released later on through local elders’ mediation.

Police spokesmanCol. Hazrat Hussain Mashraqiwal, said hundreds of IS fighters had been killed during the ongoing operation in Kot.He added the offensive would continue until the area was completely cleared of rebels.



Related Article

Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.


Add new comment


Twitter Update