3 civilians killed in Alisher blast, teenager dead in clash
KHOST CITY (Pajhwok): At least three civilians, including a woman and her daughter, have been killed in a blast in the Alisher district of southeastern Khost province, an official said Sunday.
Javed Joshan, the district chief, told Pajhwok Afghan News the bomb was aimed at a police patrol, but they escaped unhurt. The civilians killed in the blast were residents of the Sikandarkhel area of Zazai Aryub district.
No grouphas so far claimed responsibility for the attack. But Joshan accused the Taliban of planting bombs on public roads, killing innocent civilians.
Elsewhere in the province, a 13 years old boy was killed during a clash between Taliban and Afghan forces in Sabri district on Saturday.
Agha Jan, the district chief, said the incident took place when Taliban militants launched attacks on Afghan National Army (ANA) troops.
He said three attackers were also injured in a retaliatory attack from the soldiers. The Taliban have not yet commented on the incidents so far.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.