Police rescue boy from kidnappers in Kunduz
KABUL (Pajhwok): Police in northern Kunduz province have rescued a seven-year-old boy from kidnappers, an official claimed on Saturday.
Police chief, Brig. Gen. Mohammad Qasim Jangalbagh, told Pajhwok Afghan News the boy was kidnapped two weeks ago by unidentified gunmen in Bandar-i-Khanabad area.
Earlier, security officials worked hard to ascertain the area where the minor was kept captive. Security officials besieged the area and the kidnappers had no option but to free the boy, he added.
No arrest has been made so far but police have launched an investigation, according to Jangalbagh.
Sayed Rahim, uncle of the boy, welcomed the safe release of his nephew. He said the kidnappers had telephoned them from different numbers and demanded a huge ransom.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.