Over hundred Taliban dead, scores hurt in Khost offensive
KHOST CITY (Pajhwok) One hundred and sixty six Taliban have been killed and 24 others wounded during clearing operations and a clash in different parts of the country, Afghan National Army (ANA) said on Wednesday.
One hundred and Fifty Taliban have been killed and eight others wounded in a clearing operation codename Khalid-4 in the Musakhelo district of southeastern Khost province from the past few days.
The offensive was kicked off after reports about the presence of hundreds of Taliban were received, said a statement from 203rd Tandar Military Corps in Gardez, the capital of southeastern Paktia province.
One ANA soldier was killed and two others wounded during the operation, the statement said.
Taliban, however, rejected security force claim. The group Spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said some security personnel had been killed in the gun fire during the siege of the district.
Separately, seven Taliban have been killed and three others wounded in security forces operation codename Fatah in the Samkaneo district of Paktia province, according to the statement.
In Maidan Wardak, nine rebels have been killed and 13 others wounded during a clash in Chak district.