Pajhwok Services

Photo Service

SMS News Service

Pajhwok combines its expertise and experience in news reporting with a telecom firm and thus reach a wider audience in an 
effective way.

To subscribe: 
English News Update : Send 83 to 824
Dari News Update : Send 84 to 824
Pashto News Update : Send 85 to 824

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

32 Daesh rebels eliminated in Nangarhar offensive

32 Daesh rebels eliminated in Nangarhar offensive

Aug 11, 2016 - 15:34

JALALABAD (Pajhwok): At least 32 Islamic State (IS) or Daesh rebels have been killed and another 26 wounded during an ongoing operation in Achin district of eastern Nangarhar province, the military said on Thursday.

The operation codenamed “Qahr-i-Selab” also involved airstrikes and artillery, a statement from the Afghan National Army’s Selab Military Corps in the east said.

Some Daesh militants with their weapons were still in the area, but several areas of Achin district had been purged of the IS rebels during the Qahr-i-Selab offensive, the statement said.

Separately, two Talibaninfo-icon were killed in a blast caused by their own landmine in Khogyani district, Attaullah Khogyani, the governor’s spokesman, said.

In Behsud district, police recovered 34 kilograms of drug from a corolla vehicle, he said.




Related Article

Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.


Add new comment


Twitter Update