Pajhwok Services

Photo Service

SMS News Service

Pajhwok combines its expertise and experience in news reporting with a telecom firm and thus reach a wider audience in an 
effective way.

To subscribe: 
English News Update : Send 83 to 824
Dari News Update : Send 84 to 824
Pashto News Update : Send 85 to 824

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Karzai condemns ‘irresponsible’ US airstrike in Paktika

Karzai condemns ‘irresponsible’ US airstrike in Paktika

Aug 13, 2016 - 21:27

KABULinfo-icon (Pajhwok): Former president Hamid Karzai has said ‘irresponsible’ airstrikes by American forces would produce no good results and would face strong reaction from the Afghans.

A statement from Karzai office in Kabul said an airstrike by American forces had resulted in civilian casualties in Minar village of Khoshamd district of southeastern Paktika province.

Karzai strongly condemned the airstrike and said such irresponsible actions would produce no good results and would trigger harsh reaction from the Afghans about the presence of foreign forces.

Paktika police chief Brig. Gen. Khalilullah Ziaee told Pajhwok Afghan News earlier in the day that foreign forces carried out airstrikes in the Khoshamand district thrice yesterday.

He said the airstrikes resulted in the killing of 20 insurgents including two commanders. Another 25 rebels were wounded in the blitz, he said.

But a resident of the district, Aslam, said the airstrikes hit a civilian home, killing a doctor and his four children.

The Talibaninfo-icon also said a doctor’s house had been targeted in the airstrikes. Their spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said the doctor was a common man who was killed along with his several family members.

But the police chief said the compound targeted was a centre of the Taliban and the airstrikes were precise and conducted after accurate information.

He said there were no civilians in the building when targeted in the airstrikes.

Meanwhile, the US forces media office in Kabul said the two airstrikes in Paktika province were conducted as part of counter terror operations.

“We take all allegations of civilian casualty seriously, but after a review of all related intelligence, we are confident that there were no civilian casualties.”



Related Article

Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.


Add new comment


Twitter Update