3 sportsmen injured in Jalalabad blast
JALALABAD (Pajhwok): Three sportsmen were wounded in a blast in Jalalabad City, the capital of eastern Nangarhar province on Sunday, an official said.
Governor’s spokesman, Attaullah Khogyani, told Pajhwok Afghan News that the athletes were injured in a landmine blast in Behsod Pul area of the city this morning.
“These three sportsmen were exercising when the bomb blew up,” he said, adding it was unclear who planted the bomb.
The health of the injured was said to be in stable condition.
A physical training coach, Nasir Ahmad Malakzai confirmed the incident and said many people exercise in Behsud Pul area every morning.
No any groups so far claimed responsibility for the attack.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.