2 hostages among 8 killed in Parwan airstrike
Abdul Wahid Sediqi, the Parwan governor’s spokesman, told Pajhwok Afghan News the airstrike was carried out in Shaheen Khel and Surkhi localities of Siyagard district on Saturday night at about 11pm, in which six militants and two men they had kidnapped were killed.
Sattar, an Afghan Local Police (ALP) commander in the district, confirmed the incident and said the army personnel had confiscated two dead bodies and the remaining were taken away by their comrades.
Taliban’s spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid rejected the fighters had been directed, saying the victims were civilians, but he had no exact figures for casualties.
Two days ago, American forces raided a Taliban prison in Nad Ali district of southern Helmand province, killing 30 people, including 17 Afghan police and army personnel and seven civilians who had been held hostage by the insurgents.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.